Simon Long Removals Ltd and
Arrowdene Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our
environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the
Simon Long, Director is responsible for ensuring that the
environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant
- Continually improve and monitor
- Continually improve and reduce
- Incorporate environmental factors into
- Increase employee awareness and
Paper and cardboard
- We will minimise the use of paper in the
- We will reduce packaging as much as
- We will seek to buy recycled and
recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper and
cardboard where possible.
- We will use newsprint off cuts as packing
- We will use packing paper rather than
bubble wrap for packing, where possible.
- We will use plastic reusable crates for
office and commercial moves.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of
energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be
switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy
consumption in mind.
- Carbon neutral for our gas
- Make use of natural resources by
conserving energy and promoting energy efficiency.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of
new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- PV array system (solar
- L110 LED line 11000lm lighting c/w zonal
light senor system.
- Adjustable thermostats on all radiators to
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in
- We will return old toner cartridges to
suppliers for reuse.
- We will recycle old mobile phones and ink
- We will use local suppliers to reduce the
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an
option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact
of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally
friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we
are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel,
restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will replace unserviceable vehicles
with lowest possible CO2 vehicles.
- We will control, monitor and reduce fuel
consumption and emission levels of our vehicles.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and
maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- We will ensure vehicle weights remain
within legal restrictions, limiting damage to the environment and the highways.
- We will ensure vehicles are equipped with
satellite navigation which allows them to travel from house to house more efficiently, thus reducing air and noise pollution.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as
environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment
will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate
organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all
relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor
- We will continually improve and reduce
- We will incorporate environmental factors
into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness
- We will review this policy and any related
business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the
implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once
annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant
- We will work with suppliers, contractors
and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials
where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Last Reviewed: 09/08/2017
Next Review: 09/08/2018